Swiss (STAR) Programmer/Setup for our Brooksville, FL location. The Swiss (STAR) Programmer/Setup is responsible for setting up and operating one or more Swiss CNC Machines involving intricate tooling and a wide range of unusual operations to achieve close tolerances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise methods of machining, select tooling and assist in the programming of new and difficult jobs to assure optimum effectiveness of the operational sequence.
- Debug and modify programs and set-up.
- Remove, regrind, and replace tooling as needed.
- Diagnose machine troubles and make mechanical adjustments and minor repairs.
- Perform required daily maintenance.
- Have a full understanding of machine language and controls.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Previous experience programming/setting up Swiss-style CNC Machines.
- Knowledge of various materials and differences between each.
- Possess strong mathematical abilities, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand held instrumentation to check quality, such as limit gages, micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to produce precision work.
Pay Range $18.00-$24.00 per hour