CMI is beginning an exciting new phase of expansion and looking for a Sr. Level Electric Motors Engineer to work in all aspects of product design and development. The candidate is expected to keep pace with the latest technologies and materials available in the market. This role will significantly impact the overall strategic direction and engineering competency of the company. The preferred candidate will have a history of success in the design and manufacture of electric motors with experience in controller/driver technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to develop brushless AC and DC custom motor designs though Simulation (FEA/CFD) and Empirical Data/Experience.
- Establish design and development requirements for new products and modifications of existing products procedures.
- Develop new customer project cost estimates.
- Design and qualify new products to applicable regulatory and international safety standards for medical devices.
- Achieve design for manufacturability (DFM), quality, and testing targets.
- Meet or exceed all customer design and performance criteria.
- Sign off on product specification and collaborate cross-functionally for successful transition to production.
- Communicate with upper management on project status and key issues.
- Interpret technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated files.
- Ensure compliance to all engineering ISO requirements as determined by the certification officer.
- Be able to think out of the box to develop effective solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Conduct research on alternative materials and design concepts for AC and DC brushless motors, controllers, and packaging
- Participate in cross functional continuous improvement activities focused on quality, manufacturability, cost reduction, lead time reduction, and product aesthetics.
- Work to improve response time to customers, proposal thoroughness, and cost estimate accuracy.
- Collaborate to advance and diversify the overall process and design capabilities of the company.
- Increase the effective and efficient use of software tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electric motor design and manufacturing experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with DFM techniques including DFMEA and PFMEA
- CAD (SOLIDWORKS), GD&T, OrCAD, Motor Solve (or equivalent)
- Utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experience with ERP software and working with costed bills of materials.
- Basic knowledge of material science
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 or related Quality Systems
Salary commensurate with experience.